Phone: 01217063931

Email address:


Advice & Support

At Genisys ARCt we care about our community needs in a holistic way. We believe that everyone should have access to the support and services to enable them to be on an equal platform with all other communities.

We support people with a wide range of social, emotional, or practical needs, to improve mental health and physical wellbeing. This includes individuals living in fear of mild or long-term mental health problems, people with complex needs, people who are socially isolated and those with multiple long-term conditions.


This service is dedicated to supporting confidential matters around the following:

Benefit Advice and Appeals

Universal Credit

Universal Credit is a payment to help with your living costs.

You may be able to get it if you are on a low income, out of work or cannot work.

Carer's Allowance

Carer’s Allowance is a benefit for people who are giving regular and substantial care to disabled people. Carer’s Allowance is a taxable benefit and forms part of your taxable income.

Attendance Allowance

Attendance Allowance is a benefit for people over the State Pension age who need help with personal care or supervision because of illness or disability.

Disability Living Allowance (DLA)

Disability Living Allowance (DLA) to help look after a child who has a disability or health condition.

DLA is not means tested, so how much you earn does not impact how much you can get.

Employment Support Allowance (ESA)

The amount of ESA you will get from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) depends on the type of ESA you claim. You might get:

  • new style ESA
  • contribution-based ESA
  • income-related ESA

You will usually only be able to get a new-style ESA. If you’re not sure, check what types of ESA you can claim.

You can get both contribution-based ESA and income-related ESA at the same time. The DWP will check how much you can get for each of them. The total ESA you’ll get is whichever amount is higher.

Mandatory Reconsideration

If you disagree with a decision about benefits, tax credits or child maintenance you can ask for the decision to be looked at again - this is called ‘mandatory reconsideration’.

Appeal Application for Tribunals

You can appeal a decision about your entitlement to benefits, for example, Personal Independence Payment (PIP), Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) or Universal Credit.

Personal Independence Payment

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) can help you with some of the extra costs if you have a long-term physical or mental health condition or disability.

Other Support


  • Application for Housing – also online
  • Appeals

Council Tax

  • Disputes
  • Appeals
  • Application

Employment Disputes

  • Grievance
  • Disciplinary action appeal

Disabled Facilities Grant Application

You could get a grant from your council if you are disabled and need to make changes to your home, for example to:

  • widen doors and install ramps
  • improve access to rooms and facilities - e.g., stairlifts or a downstairs bathroom
  • provide a heating system suitable for your needs
  • adapt heating or lighting controls to make them easier to use

A Disabled Facilities Grant will not affect any benefits you get.

Birmingham Commonwealth

Genisys ARCt is a registered charity in England No. 1180872
Fairgate House, 205 Kings Road, Birmingham, B11 2AA